TIME & LOCATION
WORSHIP ENCOUNTER LOCATION
Millard North High School
1010 S 144th St Omaha, NE 68154
WORSHIP ENCOUNTER TIME
Sunday mornings at 10:00am
WHAT TO EXPECT
ATTENTION FIRST TIME GUESTS
When visiting Calvary Omaha for the first time, you are our MVP. Please stop by the black MVP tent located right inside the main entrance. We’d love to show you around and bless you with a small gift!
We want to make sure you feel welcome when you come here. So here’s what you can expect when you visit Calvary Omaha..
1. First and most important, you’re going to hear about Jesus every week!
2. We teach directly from the Bible and in a way you can understand.
3. We don’t skip any topics that might be uncomfortable. For this reason we have a cKidz where we minister to your young ones in a way that relates to them.
The following are some initial questions that we get asked, answered here for you:
What's The Music & Teaching Like?
When you walk into the auditorium you will experience a loving and laid back vibe. Our worship is loud and Spirit-empowered. For this reason, we make ear plugs available when you walk in the door. Our teaching is simple, practical, and verse-by-verse through the Bible.
What About My Kids During Church?
All children 5th grade and under are ministered to at their level through live worship and interactive Bible teaching in our CKIDZ ministry. All teachers have cleared a thorough background check, and are biblically trained to care for your kids.
A family room is provided for those that would rather stay with their kids during the Worship Encounter.
What Should I Wear?
Wear what you want! Whether that’s a 3 piece suit, or shorts and flip flops, we want you to be comfortable to be who you are and focus on God. The Bible says in 1 Samuel 16:7, God doesn’t look at the outward appearance, but He looks at the heart.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in what is termed “The Apostles’ Creed” as embodying all the fundamental doctrines of orthodox evangelical Christianity.
2. We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
3. We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings; His Substitution atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and personal, visible return to earth. We believe that He is one and the same as God. He was fully human and fully God.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower in ministry all who believe in Christ.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service, either at the time of or subsequent to regeneration, which is a separate work from the indwelling Spirit for salvation. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Spirit as reflected through the fruit of that same Spirit.
7. We believe that all the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are the infallible rule of faith and practice.
8. We believe all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as his/her personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
9. We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ with His saints to rule the earth, which will be personal and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, regular fellowship, participation in adult baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.
10. We are neither Five-Point Calvinists, nor are we Arminians. We adhere firmly to the biblical teaching of God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility. We avoid any theological systems of belief that go beyond the written Word and thereby divide the body of Christ.
11. We do not believe in “positive confession” (the faith movement belief that God can be commanded to heal or work miracles according to man’s will); human prophecy that supersedes the Scriptures; the incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology into biblical teaching; the overemphasis of spiritual gifts and experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of biblical teaching; or that true Christians can be demon-possessed.
12. We believe in the universal Church, in the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.
13. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: 1) baptism, and 2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion, both of which are open to all believers in Jesus Christ.
14. We believe in the laying on of hands for the sending out of pastors and missionaries, and in conjunction with the anointing of oil by the elders for the healing of the sick.
15. We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ’s (agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
16. We believe worship of God should be spiritual; therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
17. We believe worship of God should be inspirational; therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
18. We believe worship of God should be intelligent; therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us on how He should be worshiped. We seek to teach the Word of God in such a way that its message can be applied to the individual’s life, leading that person to a greater maturity in Christ. We teach both expositional and topically.
19. We believe worship of God should be fruitful; therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have been truly worshiping him.
20. We believe that the church government should be simplistic rather than a complex bureaucracy, and we depend on the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than on fleshly promotion.
21.We believe that the Bible clearly delineates that spiritual gifts are for the edification of the body and that they are to be exercised in love. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without love, all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless. In our services, we focus on a personal relationship with God through worship, prayer, and the teaching of the Word of God. We do not practice speaking in tongues during worship or while a Bible study is in progress because we do not believe that the Holy Spirit would interrupt Himself. God is not the author of confusion.