For those that want to dive deeper into who we are and what we do at Calvary Omaha, we have broken this section into 3 different topics. To learn more about us, simply click on the section below to open up that section.
“TO EQUIP LOVING, SELF-FEEDING, REPLICATING SERVANTS”.
If we are still around in the next 10, 20, or 50 years and we take inventory of what has been accomplished here at Calvary, we pray God produces the following…
1. “Loving” is number one at Calvary. We believe this is where it all starts. Matthew 22:37-39 basically says to love God first, then and only then will He give us the ability to love others. In other words, love God supremely and love others supernaturally. If love isn’t our motivation, we have missed it.
2. “Self-Feeding” is number two. We have a burden to help people learn how to study their Bibles from Genesis to Revelation so they can get to know God for themselves. Too often the church has become a crutch or middle man, and many people have depended way too much on the pastor or church leader for spiritual food. We believe we are called to train not enable. “If you give someone a fish, they’ll eat for a day. But if you TEACH them HOW TO FISH, they’ll eat for a lifetime.” Well, we want to help people learn how to eat spiritually for a lifetime.
3. “Replicating” is number three. Once we learn how to study the Bible daily, we want to teach others how to do the same. In 2 Timothy 2:2, Paul tells Timothy to take what he’s learned from Paul and commit those things to faithful men who will do the same. We want to invest our lives in others who will invest their lives in others, creating a culture of replicating disciples.
4. “Servants” is number four. After falling in love with God by studying His Word daily, and being empowered by His Spirit, we now have the ability and desire to serve others each day. In Mark 10:45 the Bible says that Jesus didn’t come here to earth to BE served but TO serve. He is not only our example (CEO of the world coming to earth and becoming a servant), but is also our empowerer.
WHAT WE DO
What we do basically means how we feel God calling us to execute His vision here in Omaha. Our philosophy is according to the K.I.S.S. principle (Keep it simple…) We don’t want to complicate the simplicity found in loving God and loving others. Below is what you can expect at Calvary:
- Small Groups
Church will always include the following 3 ingredients always moved by His Spirit:
- Worship (We believe in the power of Spirit-filled music leading us into God’s throne)
- Word (Expositional, relatable teaching from God’s Word)
- Witness (Giving a clear explanation of the gospel/opportunity to respond with repentance)
Outreach at Calvary is called “Love Out Loud”. The following 3 phrases are what outreach will consist of:
- Spirit-led (Not serving because we have to “do something”, but because God leads us to)
- Love-motivated (Not guilt, fear, brownie points, or “have to” motivated)
- Relationship-based (Building lifelong relationships that lead others to Christ)
Small Groups (Calvary Koinonia Groups or “CK Groups”) should contain a mix of the 5 S’s taken from Acts 2:42-47:
- Study (the Bible)
- Serve (our community)
- Share (life together)
- Support (each other)
- Search (for nonbelievers)
HOW WE GOT HERE
Great question! Our Pastor, Todd Doxzon, had a radical transformation to begin following Christ in 1997. After being released by the NY Jets as a result of injury, Todd thought his life goal and dream of being a pro football player was over. As a result he turned to drugs and other destructive behavior as a choice of lifestyle. One night in November of that year, he had a “Saul to Paul” type of conversion. He was running away from God and leading others the same direction. And then God got his attention in his truck that night. “It was as if I was outside of myself looking at myself. And what I saw was sad! I saw this lost, run down, drug-dealing young man. I just felt God challenging me that night. It was like He was saying, ‘You can continue going down this road, but My hands are off.’ It was at that point that I repented (turned), and asked Jesus to change my life.”
That began a day by day growth process of God preparing Todd to lead the team here at Calvary Omaha that continues on today. The next few years included the following:
- 2 seasons in NFL Europe in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (1998, 1999)
- 1 season in NFL with the Miami Dolphins (1998)
- Marrying his current wife Denise (May 6, 2000)
- 1 season in XFL with the LA Extreme (2001)
- Having twin boys, Tzion and Blaze born (March 14, 2002)
- 5 seasons in AFL with the NY Dragons, Carolina Cobras, and Georgia Force (2001-2005)
- 6 semesters of Calvary Chapel Bible College (2001-2005)
- 1 Year FCA Omaha Area Rep (2006)
- 2 Years Ministry Assistant at Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale (2006-2008)
- 11 Years Leading Small Groups (1999-2009)
- Countless injuries, trials, lessons, and real life experiences teaching grace and perseverance
Pastor Todd and Denise were prayed for and sent by Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale to plant Calvary Omaha in February 2008. The church celebrated it’s first service on Easter, March 23, 2008 with about 25 people called by God to be a part of the team. Today, Calvary continues to grow as “the Lord adds to the church daily those who are being saved.”
- We simply teach the Bible simply. (Nehemiah 8:8)
- We love God and love others right where they’re at. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- We get out of our seats and into the streets. (Mark 10:45)
- We are self-feeders and practice daily discipline. (Luke 10:38-42)
- We make disciples who make disciples. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- We live lives of constant generosity. (Proverbs 11:24-25)
- We major in the majors and minor in the minors. (Romans 14:1-13)
Millard North High School
Worship encounter time: 10:00am
HIS HOUSE MINISTRY PROPERTY
Throughout the week, we utilize the church’s 5-acre property which is comprised of 3 buildings: “His House“, “God’s Garage“, and “Christ’s Cafe“.
MEET OUR TEAM
Revolution Middle School
Web & Video
Revolution High School
Worship & Production Director